Embarking on an Atlanta interior painting project? We know choosing paint colors can be a daunting task. To help you pick the hottest colors and color combos for your home, we got the scoop on 2014’s distinct color palettes from Sherwin-Williams’ Southeastern Designer Marketing Manager Carolyn Noble. An internal team that focuses on compiling trend research brings homeowners beautiful new colors each season (sounds like a pretty cool gig!). “We found our inspiration from fashion, science, pop culture and global traditions to create these collections,” Carolyn says. Drumroll, please!
- Gray is the new black. As the world races forward with science, math and technology, we will all celebrate our inner geek in 2014 with the gray paint trend. Sherwin-Williams’ Reasoned Palette embraces the gray scale. For a dynamic space, such as a dining room, Carolyn recommends choosing paint colors like Peppercorn (SW 7674) on the walls with crisp Extra White (SW 7006) for ceiling and chair rail (the molding that dissects a part of a wall) moldings.
- Spiritual enlightenment. Light, delicate, airy colors that evoke a feeling of simplicity and spiritual balance are gorgeous for any room in your home, especially a bathroom or bedroom. You can find these tones defined in Sherwin-Williams’ feminine Diaphanous Collection. “For an alluring, elegant living room, try using Alpaca (SW 7022) with matte on walls and Pearl finish for trim,” Carolyn suggests.
- Back to nature. Ever-inspiring, there’s a movement towards getting back to nature in the home with organic patterns and textures, which are what inspired Sherwin-Williams’ Curiosity palette. “Exquisite jewel tones can be brought into a study or den, using Library Pewter (SW 0038) with Blue Peacock (SW 0064) accents,” Carolyn says.
- Think globally. As an appreciation of artisans from various cultures and their handmade crafts grows, so does their influence on color, fashion and home décor. The Sherwin-Williams Intrinsic Collection was created from global traditions. For a rich, bold look, Carolyn proposes choosing paint colors, such as Ramie (SW 6156) combined with Ceremonial Gold (SW 6382) and Polished Mahogany (SW 2838).
- What a pearl. For an unexpected and upscale touch in any room, go for an ultra-smooth and silky-paint finish. To pull this look off, try the brand-new Pearl finish from the Sherwin-Williams Cashmere product, suggests Carolyn.
Which paint colors or paint trends did you choose for your recent Atlanta renovation? We’d love to see—post a pic on our Facebook page!