Ooh la la, it’s officially a new year! Happy New Year, everyone! We hope you are reading this with a coffee in one hand and a mimosa in the other this morning as you ease into January 1. Now that all the celebrating over the holidays is over, it’s time to start a 2014 action plan if you haven’t already. What home-remodeling project — or projects — do you have your heart set on for 2014? Is there a room that has been the bane of your home-decor life since moving in to your house? Or maybe it’s lighter than that and a certain space just needs a bit of a facelift, so to speak — some new shelving, a fresh coat of paint in an awesome new color and so on.
As you’re pinning away on Pinterest with all your home remodeling project ideas, follow Castle Painting or our individual Pinterest boards, such as Kitchen Motivation and 2014 Home Remodeling Trends We Love, that appeal to your job at hand. Alrighty, here are our top five remodeling trends for 2014.
1. Look up! Out-of-the-box ceilings can add drama and interest to any of your rooms. We love how a unique ceiling like this one creates a focal point and draws your eyes up.
2. Parental units. Homeowners are finishing their basements or building out another part of their houses in preparation of multigenerational living. Plus, basements are finding new life as “woman caves” as ladies remodel this area into a comfy getaway of their own within the home.
3. Don’t curb your shower. Curbless showers are “it” now in bathrooms across America, and give off a clean, eternity-slash-spa look…they also give you and your loved ones (ahem, multigenerational home) one less thing to trip over! Don’t worry, they’re designed in a way that your entire bathroom does not get flooded.
4. Accessory makeovers. An outlet has been an outlet for a pretty darn long time, hasn’t it? Well, this year’s home remodeling projects are bound to include the U-Socket (this one’s from HomeDepot.com), which allows you to charge your electronic devices with built-in USB ports next to your regular powered-up items. Sort of brilliant. We expect that other basic accessories and hardware will also follow suit.
5. Bright pops. Neutral is soooo last year. Kidding. Neutral is still in, of course! BUT we are loving the pops of color that are, well, popping up for 2014. Whether you makeover your entire room in a bold and bright hue or decide to paint a piece of furniture or accent wall to balance those neutrals out, this trend is all about the fun.
Please let us know how we can serve you in 2014. Contact us for an estimate on your home remodeling projects.